Diet and health information
A number of medical and psychiatric conditions may be a contraindication to participate.
If any of these contraindications apply to you, please contact us for further consultation.
Physical diseases that could pose a risk
- Severe kidney disease
- Unstable diabetes mellitus
- Epilepsy and severe neurological disorders
- Cardiovascular disease (angina pectoris, stroke or strokes)
- High blood pressure
- Actual or expected pheochromocytoma
- Overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
- Known liver disease
- Abnormal blood cells (blood dyscrasias).
For certain serious unstable mental disorders like schizophrenia (or predisposition), psychosis, bipolar disorder and borderline symptoms, the use of Ayahuasca is not recommended.
Pregnancy and lactation
Pregnancy and lactation are also a contraindication for the use of Ayahuasca.
Ayahuasca and medicines
Ayahuasca contains an MAO inhibitor, which cannot be combined with, for example: antihypertensives, antidepressants and beta blockers.
Dietary information preparation
The cleaning effect and the strength of the experience of Ayahuasca can be greatly increased if you stick to these preparations:
- In any case, do not eat anything 4 hours prior to the ceremony.
- A light meal on the day of the ceremony is preferable.
- 3 days before and after the ceremony: Do not use coffee, alcohol, cigarettes / cigars or other drugs.
- Eat light meals and preferably no meat. Sexual abstinence is recommended in order to maintain the bodily energy.
- Ayahuasca is slightly hypertensive. Therefore, it is best to avoid the following food 24 hours before and after a ceremony (these foods contain Tyramine and therefore carry a risk of increased high blood pressure):
- alcohol-free beer (because of brewers yeast), yeast in vitamin supplements, marmite, Tartex, soy sauce, soy paste, Tempe (bean curd is allowed). Some cheeses: Aged cheese, cheese spread, melted cheese, processed cheese, other kinds such as Brie, Camembert, Emmental, Gorgonzola, etc.
Upon request and following registration, we will send you a comprehensive list of diet and health information.
Furthermore, we recommend as little as possible social media and watching television the days before the ceremony.
The effects of an Ayahuasca ceremony can be very intense physically, emotionally and spiritually.
The ceremony can expose what we had so neatly pushed aside.
Everything that is not processed wants to be processed and everything that is not conscious
wants to become aware.
It is good to ask yourself the question if you are ready for this at this moment.
A journey within can help you connect with your inner wisdom, so you can go to the core of a problem. For example, in case of physical problems, drug addiction, depression, anxiety, bereavement and post-traumatic stress disorder. An Ayahuasca ceremony can help you face and solve problems enabling you to enjoy life.
A journey within can help with spiritual development, awareness and life issues. Should you want to know more about it, please contact us through 06 – 23 23 37 88 or visit the contact page.